Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing #14

I will certainly use Technorati as a search tool to find information in blogs for personal or professional use. Tagging makes so much sense, the world of blogs is so immense. As I was looking around and trying various searches I discovered that phrases did not produce a lot of "hits", but short one word tags delivered many. I guess it is kind of opposite of what I would do in a "google" search. Usually I would use many words to narrow down my search, but when searching blogs I am looking for a word to bring me many sources of information. Still trying to make sense of it all.

I found it not surprising that 4 out of 5 top blogs were tech related. However, I did not understand why the top tag search was the word taskbar. Other popular searches related to celebrities and cheat codes. The most popular tags were: friends, internet, life, music, news, politics, romance & relationships and weblog. Pretty good range, I think.

I did claim my blog.. I wanted to add a "tag generator" widget to my blog, but it seems to no longer exist. So, I have added the Technorati Top Tag Widget add the botom of my blog to help me remember to tag... and to know what words are appropriate, or useful, as tags.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Rollyo