Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #12

Wow, thought this wouldn't take long.... but I got lost in the world of blogs and have only just now surfaced 2 1/2 hours later. So many blogs on so many topics. I would start reading one... that blog would reference another... and so on. I finally had to put a time limit on myself, or I would have been here all day!

I read through all the suggested readings, and all were extremely helpful. I am such a beginner. I have bookmarked the Cool Cat Teacher Blog: How to Comment Like a King (or Queen). I couldn't begin to remember all the good information in that article. How to "Criticize Kindly" is just one of the many helpful ideas.

I loved Meredith Farkas' about sharing. Her comment, "But most importantly, sharing will encourage others to share. And when there’s a culture of sharing, when we’re all sharing knowledge, we will all benefit." I have always learned so much from others through workshops, internet, chatting with colleagues, and even teacher lounge conversations. All have made an impact on the teacher and person that I am. I added Meredith's blog, Information Wants to Be Free, to the list of blogs that I am following.

As I started to read other teachers' blogs... I got rather caught up. I found a great poster to motivate reading utilizing football players on the 21 Things Training blog, enjoyed a great video called "The Power of One" on Book Egg's blog, discovered that CountryBooker and I have horses and NY in common, Molto Bene! and I are former Nancy Drew fans, and that Book Diva and I are both just discovering Facebook. As I mentioned before, I made myself quit and I hadn't even made it through half the blogs..

More fun was to be had when I got searching for blogs that pertained to my personal interests and realized that there were tons of blogs on horses and found a good one on crocheting. I added several, but my two present favorites are FaveCrafts and Adventures of the Painted Creek Farm .

2 comments:

  1. Cool Shelfari! I'm on thing #12 right now and so I ran into your blog... I agree with you on your comments about sharing when blogging... The importance of giving each other feedback and encouraging readers to feel comfortable responding in a kind way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "culture of sharing" is what impressed me when I wrote my post on this topic.

    ReplyDelete


Powered by Rollyo