Tuesday, December 22, 2009

#15 Day Two


Well, I did make it to the arena by 8 am. In fact, I was the first one there. I got one of the gals to help me with yielding his hindquarters and we did much better.

The morning was once again devoted to ground work. We learned how to "send" a horse. You stand facing the fence and send your horse from left to right and have them spin and face you. I felt really uncoordinated, because you have to point the direction you want the horse to go, swing the stick and then pull the rope to your middle, step towards the horse and swing to the stick again to have the horse turn and face you. I knew the steps, but I just couldn't get them straight. Reba and Kelly assured I was far from the worst one there.

We went to Subway's for lunch and then dashed back to the arena. We were to show up with our horses saddled!! We spent a long time learning how to do a one rein stop. Then we walked and trotted on a loose rein... If you needed to slow or stop, you would do that with the one rein. All was well until Clinton wanted us to lope...... more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Rollyo