Tuesday, November 24, 2009

#1 2009 - The Year Facing Many Fears.....


Well, this has been quite a year. In January, I went with 11 women on a 4 day cruise for my sister, Elizabeth's 50th birthday party. I had never been on the ocean, and even learned to snorkel...

In March, I dealt with my slight fear of heights and rode a mule down the Grand Canyon. Quite exhilarating and I highly recommend it, but not for the feint of heart.

In June, I went to Brazil for 10 days to Macae' where very few people spoke English. I managed to buy groceries and to order at the local McDonald's...lots of pointing. I also went on a trail ride on a small Brazilian horse! What a wonderful, memorable trip.

In July, I went with Dad and Beverly on a Canadian Expedition. I braved the North Sea in a Zodiac! Now that was scary! We traveled north around the tip of Labrador. Such an adventure and good times spent with my folks. We even saw a Polar Bear.

Just this November I walked a half marathon in San Antonio with good friends and family. The fear there was only of not finishing. We did great and finished half an hour faster than we thought we could.

Well, now I've gone and done it. Yesterday I signed up for a 3 day Clinton Anderson Horse Clinic. I only checked to see if I had moved up from 7th on the waiting list and suddenly I was offered a spot. I panicked and then said yes. The gal did ask me if I could trot and lope on a loose rein in an arena.... I told her I could....... Well, I trot all the time and occasionally lope. I will have to make good on that statement by going to Jim's arena to practice. After I called Kelly and we both screamed..... I went over to Reba's and told her. We had a celebratory toast with a bit of the "Gold".... or was it to calm my nerves? I did go home and watch the last 45 minutes of one of Clinton Anderson's "Regaining Lost Confidence" DVDs. (Not that I had any to begin with.....). Reba loaned me two sets of her DVDs, so I will immerse myself.

Since Mike will be starting his "Stardates" while moving the rig from South Africa to Barbados, I thought I would start a little horse journaling of my own. The countdown to the clinic is on... only 23 days to get my act together...

Here in a little bit I will post my adventures of this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Rollyo