Monday, November 30, 2009

#7 Sometimes it can be discouraging....


Quite a bit colder than we are used to... didn't get home from school till late, and only had 30 minutes of daylight by the time I got outside. Determined to get some ground work in. He really does back up well now, and the flexing seems to be better... also yielding the hindquarters. However, I can't seem to differentiate between that and the exercise to have the horse yield and give you two eyes. And..... I can't seem to get Gray to understand what yielding the forequarters is all about. That probably was the most discouraging.... I guess that is one of the reasons I am going to this clinic. Hopefully, I will be shown what I am doing wrong and what I could do better.

So.... to make the evening productive, I did get the snaffle bit on the bridle, and managed to attach the mecate reins. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be worse, so I think I will just try to get that bridle adjusted to fit Gray and also adjust the reins. I guess I need to look for one baby step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Rollyo