Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing #11

As a person that spends all her spare time reading, I found LibraryThing to be just what I was looking for. It is fun to catalog your own books, but to find interest groups, recommendations and reviews all in one spot is wonderful. I read for pleasure, but I also love to read about the field of reading. All kinds of wonderful ideas out there. I got the small LibraryThing Link to work on this blog, but I never could get the widget to work that would show some of my books. Maybe someone out there can help me figure out what I am not doing right.

I work with reluctant readers at school and am always looking for ways to motivate my kids. I think reviewing and posting about the books they are reading in a private group would be really fun and exciting for them. They will nearly always take a peer's recommendation over mine, so this might be a neat way for them to share.

1 comment:

  1. I'll see what I can come up with while you are gone. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete


Powered by Rollyo