Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing #2

As others have noted.. I also consider myself a lifelong learner. I enjoy the act of discovering new things and challenges to my abilities. Presently I am trying to improve my horsewoman skills, learn tricky new crochet patterns, understand and speak the Portugese language (husband's new job is in Brazil), and am always trying to understand how I can reach my students better so that all will be successful.

In reading over the 7 1/2 habits, I realized that "Teach & Mentor Others" is probably the most difficult for me. I am very comfortable teaching children, but in trying to work with my peers, I lose my self confidence. Quite often I become tongue tied. The easiest habit would be having confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner. I enjoy challenging myself to aborb and then utilize new information and ideas. The whole process is very stimulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Powered by Rollyo