Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing #5

I had heard of Flickr before and knew somehow it was related to pictures, but I had no idea how extensive the number of photos until I got there. I spent way more time there then I meant to. I chose this picture because I am in Brazil missing my two Boston Terriers. I discovered that there were plenty of other Boston Terrier fans... thousands of pictures to choose from. I finally figured out and bookmarked the page for the Creative Commons Site. I would accidentally get out of it, find a picture that I wanted and then would realize that it was a copyrighted picture. The are lots of pictures in the Group - Dogs, dogs, dogs.... and I do realize that I could purchase them if I so desired. My students always enjoy finding pictures of people and places on the Internet that are mentioned in the books they are reading. This seems to help engage them and perhaps improves their comprehension. I will enjoy exploring this site further.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed at how many of us chose animals (especially dogs) from Flickr. My son-in-law has their pictures from Greece and Italy placed on Flickr and I just looked at them yesterday.
    You might want to check out School Library Things blog--it is Marja's.

    ReplyDelete


Powered by Rollyo